The preparations for the 2023 season of the Nürburgring Endurance Series are progressing. The Sporting Regulations have been submitted to the DMSB for approval and a draft version is now available online for participants.
- Including the energy surcharge levied in 2022, there is only a marginal increase of 2.5 per cent on average for this year’s entry fees compared to the last four events in 2022.
- In order to avoid any unfair competition within the vehicle groups, the pit stop times in all classes have been set at 8 minutes for a 4-hour race (12 minutes for a 6-hour race). Exceptions are the classes SP9, SP10, SP-Pro, SP-X as well as the new CUP 2 and Cup 3, for which the provisions of Appendix 6 of the ADAC 24h-Race 2023 Supplementary Regulations will apply. Any other changes are marked in yellow in the document.
- The void results from amongst the total scores have been adjusted to the nine scheduled races of this year. If all events take place, the best seven results will be counted for the classification. If eight events are held, one result will be dropped. If seven races are run, all of them will be included in the classification.
- In 2023, the 12h Nürburgring will be held as two 6h races on one weekend and with 2 separate classifications.
- The publication of race footage/accidents under dispute without permission will be penalised.